What To Do If Uber App Not Working?
Uber App: A Brief Introduction
Uber is an application that connects cabbie and passengers. Besides, it offers other services that include parcel conveyance, food delivery, and courier services.
This app works on smartphones like Android and iPhone. You can request a cab service using the Uber app. This app is operational in certain cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, etc. You can use this app round the clock to fulfill your travel needs.
Why is the Uber App Not Working?
But many times, people encounter the problem of the Uber app not working. You feel irritated when your Uber app keeps on crashing. We expect our downloaded apps to be responsive. If the app loses its user-friendliness, it is of no use.
In this article, we have shared some tips to help you if your Uber app stops working. We have mentioned the reason for the inoperative Uber app. Use the following instructions for iPhone and Android to resolve Uber app failure.
Why Does My Uber App Not Work?
The main reasons why does my uber app not work are listed below:
Device Memory Problems
You may have installed various applications on your phone. As a result, the device’s memory gets occupied. Many of the applications are unnecessary and stay active on the phone. So, make sure to use the app manager to uninstall idle apps. Further, make the memory storage free by deleting useless videos and pictures.
Another reason why your Uber app not working is due to phone viruses. Uber app developers always make sure the app remains free from potential viruses. Still, viruses get inside our phones. So, examine if the Uber app contains any latest updates. If an update is on hand, do install it.
Your uber app will crash if the OS (Operating System) gets outmoded. The app involves updates to make it attuned to the latest OS versions. Therefore, ensure to check the software update notifications. If it is present, install the newest OS version.
How do I Reset My Uber App?
If you are deliberating on the query-how do I reset my Uber app, follow these steps:
For iOS (Force Quitting the Uber App):
- At first, hit twice on the ‘home’ option.
- Next, tap on the Uber app card.
- Finally, re-initiate the application.
For Android (Force Quitting the Uber App):
- Initially, use the power button of your phone to switch it off.
- After that, press the power button again to switch on the device.
What to Do If the Force Quitting Trick Does Not Help?
If the force quitting option does not work for your Uber app, try resetting the network settings to resolve the Uber app not working on iPhone issue:
For iOS (Initialize Network Settings):
- Firstly, proceed to the ‘settings’ of your phone.
- Next, move to the ‘General’ option and press on it.
- After that, hit on the ‘Restart’ button.
- Finally, hit on the ‘Reset Network settings’ choice.
For Android (Set Network Settings):
- At first, hit on the ‘Settings’ option on your Android.
- Next, proceed to the ‘System’ or ‘General Management’ choice and snap on it.
- After that, hit on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Finally, press on the ‘Reset Network Settings’ option and verify it.
Point to Note: You may lose your stored passcode by initiating the above steps.
Can You Delete Your Uber Account And Make A New One?
Steps to Delete the Uber Account:
Yes, if your Uber app not working, you can delete it and re-install it again. Consider the below steps to delete your Uber account:
- At first, open your Uber app account. Now, hit on the ‘Menu’ provided on the left side on the top.
- After that, choose ‘Settings’ and navigate to Privacy Settings.
- Next, press the ‘Delete Account’ option and allow the process to finish.
Point to Note: Your Uber account will get deactivated after you initiated the delete account process. After 30 days, it will get terminated lastingly. Also, you will lose your unused promo codes, bonus, and credits. Uber is authorized to collect specific details once you remove your account. It is needed and allowed by law.
Creating a New Uber Account
The query is can you delete your Uber account and make a new one? Of course, you can create a new Uber account using your same mobile number. Actually, You cannot have two Uber Accounts with the same contact number.
You require an authentic e-mail address and contact number for creating an Uber account. You will be required to set a password too. Besides, you need to give your consent to the terms and conditions of Uber.
- Firstly, install the Uber app on your Android using Google Play. Use Appstore to download it on your iPhone.
- After the installation of the app, open it. Now, register yourself by entering your full name, contact number, and desired language.
- Once you finish the registration, Uber will send an SMS confirming your contact number.
- Next, fill in your payment details and add your credit or debit card number. You can use these details to pay your ride fare.
- Subsequently, Uber will send you an e-mail to verify your account.
- Finally, you can use the app to book affordable rides easily.
We hold the above methods will solve your why does my Uber app not work query. If all these steps do not work for you, contact Uber Customer Support. Also, if your device is in its final stage, purchase a new one. Still, we suggest you try the reset option initially if the Uber app is nonfunctional.