Usually, Lenovo laptops like Thinkpad or Ideapad perform well. No technical issues arise while working on the Lenovo laptop. However, sometimes the Lenovo Thinkpad wont turn on when you try to switch it on. In this tutorial, we have presented methods to fix the Thinkpad not turning on trouble.
Lenovo offers different laptop models like Thinkpad (for business purposes) and Ideapad (for general users). As such, the technique of fixing no power troubles may negligibly differ.
Reasons for Thinkpad Wont Turn On
You may encounter the Thinkpad wont turn on issue due to the following reasons:
The Thinkpad laptop won’t turn on with an inoperative processor or Random Access Memory.
When the laptop is not receiving the current, it will not start.
The laptop will not switch on if it holds an exhausted battery.
Display Cable Not Connected Rightly
The Lenovo laptops will not turn on with an improperly connected display cable.
The device will not turn on with a modified or distorted operating system.
Malware in Lenovo Laptop or Thinkpad
Accumulation of malicious software and viruses will make the laptop ineffective.
Some Quick Fixes for Thinkpad Wont Turn On
Scan the methods presented under to fix your Lenovo Thinkpad not turning on glitch:
Fix 1: Examine Lenovo Laptop Power Status Lights
- Firstly, connect the A/C adapter to search for power status lights. It may be visible near the connected A/C adapter or at the bottom of the laptop screen.
- Make sure the power source is functional.
- Finally, turn on your Thinkpad when the power status light flashes.
You can use Fix 2 if the status lights do not show up.
Fix 2: Remove Battery & Unplug A/C Adapter
- Firstly, disconnect the A/C adapter. And take out the battery.
- After that, press down the power key for 0.5 minutes. This step helps in releasing static power load.
- Now, connect the A/C adapter.
- Finally, push the power key to turn on Thinkpad.
Fix 3: Try to Power On Lenovo Laptop with Battery Only
When the A/C adapter remains unusable, you may try turning the Thinkpad or Lenovo laptop via battery only.
- Firstly, unlink the A/C adapter.
- Now, fit in the battery again.
- Lastly, push the power key to switch on the laptop.
Fix 4: Push Emergency Reset Button
Try pressing the Emergency Reset Hole to repair the Thinkpad wont turn on issue.
- Firstly, upturn your Lenovo laptop. Next, search for a small opening.
- If the reset hole is present in the laptop, take a ballpen and push the reset key.
- Finally, push the power key to turn on the laptop.
The reset button re-configures the Lenovo laptop by halting the power received via the outer cell.
Fix 5: Ensure the Display is Operative
Sometimes, with a non-functioning laptop screen, it appears turned off. So, make sure the Lenovo laptop display is working well.
- Firstly, turn on the Thinkpad and watch if the screen is functional or not.
- Next, check the lights and cooling fan sound.
- Lastly, if the laptop is functioning well but the display is nonfunctional, get it repaired or replaced.
Fix 6: Check A/C Adapter & Plug-in Port
You may be unable to turn on the Lenovo laptop if the A/C adapter or the power socket gets broken.
- Firstly, check the A/C adapter. If it is broken, get it replaced.
- Now, make sure the laptop plug-in outlet is operative. If it is damaged, change it.
Generally, the power outlets with constant usage get faulty. As a result, you cannot connect the laptop safely.
Fix 7: Check the Laptop Battery
In the above steps, we tried taking out and re-inserting the battery. Now, check whether the battery is damaged. With a non-functional battery, the Thinkpad wont turn on. If the battery is damaged, substitute it with a new one.
Fix 8: Turn Off Standby or Sleep Mode
Sometimes, you may keep the laptop in sleep or standby mode. In this situation, your Lenovo Thinkpad will not turn on. To disable sleep mode, tap any key to restore the laptop.
These are some techniques you may use to fix the Lenovo laptop or Thinkpad wont turn on problems. But if none of the listed fixes work for you, take assistance from a Lenovo laptop service outlet.