In this article, we have discussed how to turn off mock location on Android. Android users are not aware of the Mock location option. Also, they do not know the method to turn on or off mock locations.
What are Mock Locations?
A mock location is an excellent option present in Android devices that allows you to fake your device location. You can set some other country as your device location. For this, you need to download and install a Fake GPS (Global Positioning System) application via Google Playstore.
Moreover, you can use mock location to retrieve restricted content using a VPN. It may happen that you may have enabled this feature on your android device by mistake. For this, we have given easy steps for how to turn off mock location on Android.
Mock location is a component of ‘Developer Options’ present in Android to try out the device depending upon various constraints.
Currently, users apply mock location to modify their actual device location for several purposes. You need to enable Developer Options to enable mock locations on your Android device.
If you are unable to spot the mock location feature on your phone, do not fret. This article has illustrated steps to locate mock locations too.
How to Turn Off Mock Location On Android
- Pursue the steps given below for how to turn off mock location on Android:
- Firstly, proceed to the Settings option on your Android device.
- Next, go through and find the Developers Option.
- Visit the About Phone/Device option in case the Developers Option is not accessible.
Note: In some Android devices, Build Number is present in the Software Information option.
- Now, hit 6 to 7 times on Built Number in the About Phone section. ‘You are now a developer’ message prompts.
- After that, go back to get the Developers Option to disable it.
- You can turn off the mock location separately after opening the Developers Option.
Note: You can follow these steps to Allow Mock Locations.
Why is Mock Location Used?
Smartphone users turn on mock location for different reasons:
Monitor App Working
Developers utilize mock locations to observe the performance of an application in a particular region. Similarly, you can use any geographical location on their phone to examine an app working.
Install Restricted Apps
You get the chance to install applications banned in your current location. For that, turning on Mock Location is essential.
Access Updates of Any Region
You can receive weather information of a specific location if you know how to allow it.
Control Location-Based Game Apps
You can have more power in location-based game apps such as Pokemon Go or Ingress Prime using mock locations.
Unlock Dating Profiles
You can use mock locations on your phone for location-based dating apps such as Tinder. It helps in opening dating profiles in different regions.
Unlock Streaming Apps
You can open audio and video streaming apps like Prime Video, Spotify, or Netflix if you know how to enable or how to turn off mock location on Android.
How to Modify Your Device Location with a Spoofing App?
Turning on mock locations in your phone is inadequate unless you install a spoofing app. A location spoofing app is a fake GPS app that permits you to modify your device location.
Play Store offers loads of free or paid fake GPS apps like Location Changer, Fake GPS by Lexa, Fake GPS by Hola, etc.
Look at the below steps to change your device location using a spoofing app:
- Firstly, allow mock locations in your device.
- Now, visit the Play Store to install a free spoofing app, for example, Fake GPS by Lexa.
- Go back to the settings and turn on the Developers Options.
- You will get the Mock Location App option. Press on it to check the installed spoofing apps on your device.
- Choose the newly downloaded location spoof app: Fake GPS by Lexa as the default mock location app.
- Open this fake location app and select your preferred region on the map. Else, you can search out your desired location using the search bar.
- Hit on the Play (start) option to allow spoofing after selecting your location.
Note: You need to open the installed Fake GPS app again to disable spoof by pressing the Pause (stop) option.
We have discussed a quick and easy method to set any country via a false GPS app. So, proceed and try out these steps to enable mock locations on Android to enjoy gaming, dating, or streaming apps.