Without notifications on a device, you may miss crucial tasks to do. Notifications are alerts or reminders that a device shows to us. These alerts can be for forthcoming affairs, anticipated conferences, messages, anniversaries or birthdays, and subscriptions. The notifications are significant as these support us in adjusting different assignments.
However, you require Me time to concentrate on other activities, bypass distractions, or get a nap. So, check out the steps discussed below on how to turn off notifications on a Mac.
Processes to Turn Off Notifications on a Mac
Here, we have defined the steps to disable the app notifications instantly on MacOS:
Method 1: Disable Notifications (via Notification Center)
You can disable Mac notifications up to zero or scheduled hours using the Notification Center. To execute this task, pursue the following process:
- Firstly, go to Menu bar —-> tap on the Notification center.
- Move down to get the Do Not Disturb choice.
- Lastly, switch on the Do Not Disturb choice.
The Notification Center label gets darkened after you turn on Do Not Disturb. Meanwhile, the alerts will get muted until you enable them.
Method 2: Switch on Do Not Disturb for a Chosen Time Slot (via System Preferences)
Using the Notifications System Preferences on Mac is another solution concerning how to turn off notifications on a Mac. To apply this, use the steps given below:
- At first, proceed to Apple Menu ( on the left) —-> unlock System Preferences.
- Next, pick Notifications.
- Finally, choose a time slot to block the notifications while the system is on sleep mode or during screen simulation.
Method 3: Turn Off Safari Alerts
Safari rolled out the latest option called push notifications. Also, numerous websites offer such alerts. You may like to receive notifications from particular sites. But you may press the notification option on a website mistakenly.
So, to turn off these unnecessary website alerts on Mac, apply the steps highlighted below:
- Firstly, arrive at Safari —-> tap on Preferences (given in the Menu).
- After that, proceed to Websites label.
- Choose the Notifications option provided at the left of the Menu.
- Finally, select the website alerts that you wish to turn off.
Note: Drag and drop the disliked apps into the bin if you want them to be de-install. Remember applications accumulate disfavored files on the hard disk.
Method 4: Disable App Update Notifications
The AppStore on Macbook offers notifications regarding installed applications that require updating. Use these steps to disable update alerts:
- To start with, hit on the Apple Menu bar.
- Next, go to the System Preferences option.
- Now, search for the AppStore.
- At last, disable the Automatically Check for Updates unit.
Final Words on How to Turn Off Notifications on a Mac
We have covered all the methods to disable notification on a Macbook. So, use them but do not forget to turn them on again on accomplishing other tasks or Me time!