This article conveys the technique to disable Bitdefender temporarily. Besides, you will understand the method to turn off different components of this antivirus software.
Bitdefender Security Software Summary
Bitdefender is one of the most trusted cybersecurity software. Bitdefender Firewall and VPN solutions determine that there is no entry of malware or Trojan in your PC.
The Bitdefender Company in Romania created this antivirus package. It also supplies numerous network security software and solutions.
This network safety tool examines add-ons like flash drives or compact discs. If there is any virus in the thumb drive or CD, this software obstructs its transfer on the PC. But many a time, this program appears troublesome when it bars the fetching of the USB drive that includes crucial information. At this moment, users may seek methods to switch off Bitdefender security software for a brief time.
So, if you are one of those persons who want to know the steps for disabling Bitdefender, check out this write-up. Below we have extensively pointed out the method for turning off Bitdefender features in Windows.
Steps to Disable Bitdefender Protection Features
- Firstly, open your Windows PC and hit on Bitdefender.
- Once the Bitdefender panel gets opened, proceed to Protection given at the left.
- Here, you will get several elements like Antivirus, Firewall, Antispam, and more.
- Hit on the Antivirus option’s Open button.
- Just switch off Bitdefender Shield. You will get two options here regarding Bitdefender disabling duration. You may choose Bitdefender turning off all the time or until you resume Windows.
- Next, click Settings to get the pull-down menu. Choose scan CD and drive, flash drives, or mapped network drives to disable.
7. After that, turn back to Protection and visit Firewall. Snap the button to halt it.
8. Go to the Antispam segment. Switch the button to disable it.
9. Proceed to Ransomware Protection and turn it off.
10. Go to the Vulnerability section and turn it off.
11. Likewise, go to Advanced Threat Defense → Settings → hit the switch to disable it.
12. Finally, get back to Protection —> Online Threat Prevention —> Settings —-> Turn off Web Security, Search Advisor, Encrypted Web Scan, Phishing Protection, Fraud Protection, Network Protection, and E-mails Security.
Disable Bitdefender Privacy Features
- Initially, hit on Privacy —> SafePay —> Settings.
- Turn off the three options: SafePay Alerts, Automated Opening of Bitdefender SafePay, and VPN with SafePay Usage.
- Now, arrive back at the Privacy tab. Go to Password Manager and disable it.
- Next, turn off the Anti-tracker window.
5. Go to the VPN section and tap on Open VPN. Disconnect it.
6. Go to Video and Audio Protection → Settings. Disable microphone scanner and web camera defense.
7. Now, get back to Privacy —> Parental Advisor —> Configure. Bitdefender Central arrives in the browser. Log in if directed.
8. Lastly, hit on View and select your System. In the Monitored By Parental Control option, choose Unassign.
Disable Bitdefender Utilities
- Press on the Utilities tab provided at the left side of the Bitdefender program.
- You will get the four choices: Anti-Theft, OneClick Optimizer, Profiles, and Data Protection.
3. Choose Profiles —> Tap on Settings.
4. Finally, turn off the Activate Profiles Automatically option.
Disable Bitdefender Settings
- Firstly, initiate Bitdefender total security program on your PC.
- You will see several options on its indicator panel (at the left side) like Protection, Privacy, Utilities, Notifications, and Settings.
3. Proceed to Settings —> Advanced —> Scan Host Files.
4. Ultimately, hit on the On/Off key to disable scan host files.
Point to Note: Your Bitdefender antivirus program may not incorporate any of the above features. Therefore, turn off those that are functional.
We anticipate that you have comprehended the temporary disable Bitdefender methods. Hence, use the above-stated steps to turn off Bitdefender features gradually.