Whatsapp: A Prominent Social Networking Facility
Whatsapp is the most prominent instant messaging (IM) and calling application. This application requires a proper internet connection or mobile data. Millions of individuals worldwide use Whatsapp to stay in touch with their loved ones. Even entrepreneurs utilize Whatsapp’s Business App services. Besides, how to show offline in Whatsapp when I am online is a general problem among users.
So, if you want to exchange instant chat, videos, images, stickers, emojis, or GIFs, use Whatsapp Messenger. It is one of the best IM apps that upholds the privacy of its users. Besides, the Whatsapp Web allows you to use the app on your PC or laptop.
It happens that when you enable mobile data or WiFi for accessing Whatsapp, your online status gets shown to your connections. Also, the contacts can watch when you were last active on Whatsapp.
Whatsapp Privacy Options
Whatsapp has identified this issue and has provided some privacy options for its users:
Keep Your Last Seen Concealed
- You can easily hide your last seen on Whatsapp. For that, enable mobile data on your Android or iOS.
- After that, open your Whatsapp. You will find the 3 vertical dots option at the top (right side). Hit on it.
- You will see the Account option. Click on it to get the privacy option.
- Now, you will get the Last Seen option. Hit on it. You will get the 3 options: Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody.
- Click on Nobody.
- Voila, last seen of yours on Whatsapp gets hidden from your connections.
Status, About & Profile Picture Customization
- You can customize your status, about, and profile image. For that, proceed to Whatsapp Settings. For that, hit on the three vertical dots given at the top right side.
- Click on Settings → Account → Privacy.
- Several options will arrive like Last Seen, Profile Photo, About, Status, Read Receipts, Groups, Live Location, Blocked Contacts, and Fingerprint Lock.
- Simply click on status, profile photo, and about one by one.
- You will get the three options with Profile Photo and About: Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody.
- On the Status option, three options are My Contacts, My Contacts Except, and Only Share With.
- Choose the customization options as your wish.
Read Receipts Option in Whatsapp Settings
Whatsapp includes the Read Receipts feature that you can disable. As such, when you have seen others’ statuses or messages, it will not be revealed. Yet, the Read Receipts feature does not apply to Whatsapp groups.
Complete Guide on How to Show Offline in Whatsapp When I am Online
You can find numerous videos on Youtube that allege downloading a few third-party apps can hide your online status on Whatsapp. But these videos will not resolve your query.
Therefore, we have provided the right hacks and tips to fix how to show offline in Whatsapp when I am online trouble. For this, there is no requirement for third-party apps. Chase the below ways to stash your Whatsapp online status:
- Firstly, enable mobile data on your phone.
- Proceed to Whatsapp Messenger. You will notice three dots at the top (right side). Click on it.
3. Next, different options will arrive like new group, new broadcast, linked devices, starred messages, payments, and settings. Click on Settings.
4. Now, tap on the Account option. You will see the Privacy option. Click on Privacy.
5. You will get the Read Receipts option here. Hit on the side button to disable it.
Disabling this option means that whenever you receive a message and open it to read it, black ticks will not turn blue. Your contact cannot track whether you have read the messages or not.
How to Read Whatsapp Messages without Showing Yourself Online?
You can easily read your Whatsapp chats without revealing your online status. There are two main tricks: disabling mobile data and turning off data usage of Whatsapp Messenger. Thus, have a look at simple steps given under for how to show offline in Whatsapp when I am online:
- Go to your phone settings. You will find the search option at the top. Tap on it.
2. Type in Data Usage. The Data Usage option is under SIM Card and Mobile Data section. Click on this option.
3. Now, you will see the Network Permissions in the Network Settings. Click to open it.
4. Here, you will see various applications ( in alphabetical order) installed on your devices. Search for Whatsapp.
5. Tap on Whatsapp. You will get four options: Wi-Fi and Mobile Data, Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Disable Network.
6. Click on the Disable Network option.
7. Finally, you can scan all your Whatsapp conversations without sharing your online status.
These are some of the most practical methods for how to show offline in Whatsapp when I am online. Remember, after disabling the network for Whatsapp, turn it on. Otherwise, receiving new messages will not be possible.