We all have been there. You are in the middle of trying to login to your online account and you can’t remember your password. You have tried everything and now you are on the verge of panicking because you need access to your account but you don’t know what the password is.
This is when a password manager like LastPass comes in handy. It allows you to save all of your passwords in an encrypted database so that they can be easily accessed when needed. But sometimes, it may not be as easy as it seems.
In this article, we will discuss why and when do I need to delete my LastPass account?
Step 1 – Change your Master Password and Generate a One-Time Password
Security has always been a top priority for Google. So it is not surprising that they have made it easy to change your password and generate a one-time password.
Step 1: Change your Master Password and Generate a One-Time Password.
Google makes it easy to change your password and generate a one-time password. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Change your master password by clicking on the “Change Password” button on the sign in page
- Click on the “Generate One Time Passwords” button, which will generate passwords for all devices linked to your account
- Copy these passwords and store them in a safe place
- If you are using an Android phone, update Google Play Services from Settings > Security > Device Administration > Enable Android Device Manager
Step 2 – Go to the Delete My Account Page on the LastPass Website
LastPass is not just a password manager, it also has a password generator and an online vault.
LastPass is a password manager that offers many features including the ability to generate passwords, store and sync your passwords across devices, and create secure notes.
Step 3 – Click on “Delete My Account” Button & Follow Instructions
In this section, we are going to learn how to delete your account. You will have to click on the “Delete My Account” button and follow the instructions that appear.
There are two ways you can delete your account:
- Click on the “Delete My Account” button and follow the instructions that appear.
- If you don’t want to delete your account, but want to make it inactive, click on “Deactivate my account”.