At some time, you must have experienced Airpods Microphone Not Working. So, to resolve this issue, we have specified a few fixes in this post. We have individually tried each of these overhauls. That is why we assure you that these hacks will support you to restore your iPhone AirPods Mic quickly.
Reasons for Non-Functioning Airpods Microphone
Listening to music or communicating on a call gets obstructed with an out of use Airpods microphone. Your airpods may function partly or remain inactive due to various reasons. It is crucial to know about the causes for an error in your device or any accessories. Below, we have listed reasons for the Airpods Microphone Not Working problem:
Dust & Dirt Accumulation
A pileup of dust is a common reason for nonfunctional Airpods mic. Make sure to clean your AirPods gapings frequently.
Many a time, discharged AirPods can make it inoperative. So, always check whether you have charged Airpods or not.
You may face connection issues when you own a new set of AirPods. To repair connection errors, select your gadget to reset or reconnect it.
Device Pairing Issue
Pairing errors happen when you have several wire-free gadgets. Thus, ensure you connect your iPhone AirPods to the correct device.
Finally, you have a list of reasons that makes your Airpods unusable. Below, we have provided ways to settle inoperative AirPods.
Methods to Correct Airpods Microphone Not Working Issue
Before taking assistance from an Apple Airpods specialist, try out the given methods:
Method 1: Resetting AirPods
- Firstly, disable your device’s Bluetooth.
- Next, put the Airpods back in the case and latch it.
- Now, press and hold down the back switch for 25 to 30 seconds to reset it.
- Select your Airpods to reconnect with your gadgets like your laptop or iPhone.
- After this, enable your device’s Bluetooth. Go to the earlier linked device title.
- Hit on Info(i) —> Forget this Device.
- Open the AirPods box. Let your phone discover the AirPods.
- Finally, hang on until the smartphone and AirPods get linked.
Method 2: Check the AirPods Settings
- At first, drop down your phone Quick Settings menu —> Tap Bluetooth for a few secs.
- After that, proceed to Bluetooth Settings.
- Tap on (i) or Info icon given close to your AirPod title.
- Now, tap on the Microphone option.
- Finally, pick the Automatically Switch AirPods option.
Method 3: Clean Your AirPods
- Sprinkle a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the cotton bud. Make sure not to make it soaked.
- Tap the bud on the holes of the AirPods mic to clear out dirt.
- Finally, take a picktooth and cautiously extract dust particles from the holes. Ensure do not cause any crack in the lacework protecting the AirPods.
Method 4: iPhone Software Update
- Firstly, come to your iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down further and tap on the General option.
- Ultimately, tap on Software Update to download the recent updates.
Thus, these are the few ways to correct the Airpods Microphone Not Working trouble.
Final Words on Airpods Microphone Not Working
Hopefully, the methods presented here will support you in repairing out-of-work Airpods. Follow these fixes to get crystal clear sound out of the AirPods microphone. But if the issue persists, connect with the Apple customer service center.